GFRfan

If this is a townhouse situation where people own the townhouses, I
would assume that you have a homeowner association of some type that is
responsible for property management. If someone has a accident, the
homeowners association could be sued for negligence. In the end, the
townhouse owners will end up paying.

Before going to the town and other legal routes, why don't you bring
this issue up with the homeowner association board. It is their job to
deal with whoever they hired to manage the property. Maybe they don't
realize the problem or haven't consider the legal ramification.

If this is a rental situation, then start with the rental office or
landlord.

meirman wrote:

My neighborhood of 100 townhouses has 2 entrances and one goes by a
large parking lot. There is/was a drain in the parking lot that
allowed water to pass under our road, but now the drain is fully
clogged and the water pours across the road. In the past it has
frozen there also**.

Hellooooooooooo. Meirman *IS* either the landlord or the pres. of the
homeowners assn. To Meirman, quit being so cheap and irresponsible and
get it fixed. I would call the street department immediately about this
unwarrented situation.
I hope no one gets killed or injured due to reckless criminal
irresponsibility.