GFRfan

meirman wrote:
My neighborhood of 100 townhouses has 2 entrances and one goes by a
large parking lot. There is/was a drain in the parking lot that
allowed water to pass under our road, but now the drain is fully
clogged and the water pours across the road. In the past it has
frozen there also**.

But I'm wondering if any of this matters?

So what if there is a half inch of water or more flowing across the
road? When it rains, lots of roads have water.

About 3 years ago I did so myself, at midnight. And under the
silt/soil/mud, I found a 1/2 inch layer of some sort of soft "cement",
so it looked like our neighbor plugged the drain on purpose. I'd
dig it out again if there were a good reason. Last time I left a sign
behind explaining what I had done.

Meirman

You sure spend a lot of time defending this condition. You need to talk
to a lawyer and see what liability exists for you, the land owner or
manager. Better yet take your cheap ass to the phone and call a plumber
to clean it out.