chester

Default Anyone use Flexible Gas Line (CSST)?

I would welcome any replies, especially from professionals, or those
with some experience working with CSST

Here is my situaion. I had a gas line professionally installed a few
months back for a new gas stove. They used vinyl coated Corregated
Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST), which is approved for residential use in
my area (Seattle) (as I understand). They ran it from existing iron
piping (furnace) to the stove area (about 25 feet).

I recently redesigned the kitchen, and in the process moved the stove
over 1 foot, so the stove connection needed to be moved, since it now
was centered on the stove, and did not allow the stove to be fully
pushed back (onto the anti-tip bracket).

I called the contractor, who wanted $100 to come out. That seemed fair,
although for 10-15 minutes of work, nevertheless expensive. I scheduled.
I got stood up/no call. I got annoyed because this is the second time
this contractor did this. I was annoyed enough to go out on the web and
find the installation guide for TracPipe, which actually explained the
fittings.
(http://www.omegaflex.com/trac/litlib..._July_2004.pdf)

I took the fitting apart (it was a "flange mount auto-flare"), cut the
tubing with my copper pipe tubing cutter, which worked fine. Removedc
the "flange mount auto-flare adaptor". Put the CSST through the new hole
I had drilled. Put the "flange mount auto-flare adaptor" back on. Put
the split ring around the first corregation, and tightened. Relatively
easy.

So am I crazy for doing this? The issues I can think of a

-I neglected to block the tubing off when I pushed it through the new
hole, so some debris might have entered the CSST tubing
-I read that one needs to be "certified" to work with CSST. Obviously I
am not. Did I miss anything?
-I don't have a torque wrench. The installation guide specifies a
certain torque value, depending upon the fitting and tubing size. I
tightened it well, and tested for leaks with some dishsoap/water (no
bubbles). I dont smell any gas.
-I reused the split ring. I read in the manual that this can be reused
up to 4 times.
-I have moved the stove in and out several times in the process. Should
I replace the flexible line from the shut-off valve to the stove?

Everything seemed relatively straighforward, but never having worked
with CSST and these fittings, I would like some feedback. I would prefer
to have someone come out and check my work, but it seems unlikely that I
am going to find anyone willing to just come out and
disassemle/reassemble this connection. If I couldn't get a commitment
for $100 to move the line, how am I going to get someone to come out and
check it?

On the other hand, I have also read that residential natural gas is
piped in at very low pressures, and is not incredibly combustible. I
would smell gas at a significant level before it became an explosion
hazard (so I have read). So maybe there are no worries...

thanks