SQLit

"JackRabbit" wrote in message
news:iCnTd.9295$7z6.486@lakeread04...
Pulling wire questions.... newbie questions. basement remodel

1. The bottom of my outlet box is a hammer length which is about 12"-13"

or
so. The holes above the box that i am pulling are at 25". Is this too
high for the hole? Is there a limit ?? I am going to run another line

just
above the 25" hole at about 28" to get the wire to another room. It seems
like the cleanest way to do it.

2. I have a situation where my top plate is connected to a floor joist
lengthwise. I need to get the wire from a switchbox up to the ceiling for

light fixture. I am not sure how I can run the wire without notching the
joist, or drilling a hole in the top plate into the floor joist.

1. I have not a clue what your talking about.

2. notching/drilling floor joists is always a bad idea especially in mid
span. IMO. If this is structural connection it should be a double top
plate. If it is a single plate then the wall is not supporting the floor
joist.

Consider running the wire horizontally closer to the ends of the floor joist
then....
You could drill up from the plate at an angle to get into accessable space
to run the wire. Use as small a hole as you can.