the signal coming from the Dish is digital. Getting the
high-quality cables you mentioned before is probably not going to

give
you better picture quality.

You may be right. But using the high quality cable is still a good
idea. The reason is that I may use it to send decoded video in one
room, and use it to send digital signal from the satellite in another
room. Therefore, I am better off using the high quality one through out
the house and not worry about which specific quality of video cable to
use in any specific room.

I come to realize that I need to use it to transmit decoded analog
video in some rooms when I read the spec of the DISH Network 322
dual-tuner receiver.

Second, the "splitter" is not really a plain
splitter as you would use for an analog cable signal. It's more like

an
NxM switch that allows each tuner to connect to any LNB on any of the

dishes.
This could mean that the "cap" (terminator) is not really needed, ...

Thanks for the information.

... but more
importantly: if you were to connect each of the 4 cables coming from

the
dishes directly to an input on a tuner, then each tuner would be

limited as
to what channels can be watched on it. You probably don't want that.

I didn't know this. Seem like the cable configuration for DISH Network
may not be the same as that's for DirecTV. The oval satellite dish that
I have for DirecTV only has two cables coming down and each connects to
one receiver. Seem like I should not pre-install anything until the
DISH Network installer comes to install the dishes. He will come this
Saturday. I will see how it goes.

Jay Chan