JackRabbit

Default Electrical questions

Pulling wire questions.... newbie questions. basement remodel

1. The bottom of my outlet box is a hammer length which is about 12"-13" or
so. The holes above the box that i am pulling are at 25". Is this too
high for the hole? Is there a limit ?? I am going to run another line just
above the 25" hole at about 28" to get the wire to another room. It seems
like the cleanest way to do it.

2. I have a situation where my top plate is connected to a floor joist
lengthwise. I need to get the wire from a switchbox up to the ceiling for a
light fixture. I am not sure how I can run the wire without notching the
joist, or drilling a hole in the top plate into the floor joist.