Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
Why not build a raised floor and hide all the plumbing under it?

Hmmm. Obvious as it is that option hadn't occurred to me. Not sure
how practical that might be. The room affected is actually a childs
bedroom, the en-suite is actually for the adjoining bedroom. We were
planning on putting one of those tall sleeper beds in there and I'm not
sure whether the effective reduced height of the ceiling may scupper
that idea.
Has no-one else anything good to say about macerators ? What is so bad
about them ?

If they're properly fitted they're fine. My neighbour with enough problems
for the whole street had one fitted (professionally) for her disabled
husband and when he moved to a home Spouse was asked to remove the plumbing.
Piping from the macerator had been leaking between floors and it was not a
pleasant task.

Mary