Default Is it OK to put standard "twin & earth" cable directly into the cavity of a dwarf wall?

Jon Weaver wrote:

Has all of this started because I mentioned 'insulation'.. If it is,
thats simple.. I won't use insulation, or I will bring the cable ABOVE
the insulation.

Yes, I think other posters have got a bit lost in the "buried in
insulation" thing. As long as the cable isn't *surrounded* by
insulation then I think you are fine.

The ring mains in my house are wired in 2.5mm and protected by a 32A
MCB! Does this mean that they not up to the job and are consiquently
dangerous?

If what I have done in my conservatory really isn't up to the job,
then I will simply resort to plan B which was to go for a 'radial
circuit' protected by a 13A spur.

With regards to the 'heater' outlet, I am not 'hard-wiring' in.. I am
buying a DeLonghi oil filled radiator (2.5kW or 3kW) which AFAIK comes
fitted with a standard 13amp plug, which can be plugged into any
socket.

I don't think you need to worry! :-)

--
Chris Green )