Ann wrote:
"Christian McArdle" wrote in

message . net...
Can anyone tell me what might be happening? (I can send a photo

of
the box if that helps)

The timer is probably wired up only to control the heating. Are you

sure it
is a programmer, rather than a room thermostat? Does it have a "Hot

Water"
channel?

Christian.

The timer has two "sections" - heating and hot water - I know the
timer works OK for the hot water, because if the timer is not set,
then the water does not heat up!!

If the water is heated when the timer is meant to keep it off, I think
we can conlcude it doesnmt work ok. Giving hot water doesnt necessarily
all working correctly.

Its hard to get into this further with so little info though.

NT