Dave Jones

"Joel Payne" wrote in message
om...
One of those how much should I pay questions!

I'm having an extension built on the back of the house, one storey,
3.5m by 4.5m apx. Looking to put three double sockets and one central
light fitting in there (two switches). Given that I can't see any
major issues with access to ring main (and plenty o sqm to spare on
maximum size) and lighting circuit, any idea what ball-park price I'd
be looking at from an electrician?

Around the £200 mark.

I'm in York.

I'm trying to break down the cost of the extension and see what the
expensive bits are.

Also

Can anyone tell me whether doing your own wiring and having it
certified by an qualified person would comply with building regs? (yes
I know electricity is dangerous) What do people charge to do that sort
of thing?