Bob...

Thanks for the feedback and opinion. I've been told to stay away from
any 3-wheelers. I may break down and buy new, but I'm still looking
for a used BS to pop up locally. I keep wondering about the Rikon 14"
which seems to be a good value as does the General International 14"
unit that is a Delta-type clone.

Mike

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:40:02 -0500, "R. Barker"
wrote:

Jet 14" is another one, and then there's the Sears Professional 14"

I am a new owner of one of the Jet saws JWBS-14CS Gold Series. It replaced
an old 10" Craftsman 3 wheel direct drive BS that was a nightmare and never
got used. So far I am very pleased with the Jet and find it smooth, quiet,
and accurate. It seems to have plenty of power but to be honest I haven't
tested it with anything challenging like re-sawing 6" maple.

In regards to another thread here about a Delta 14" BS mine has no noticable
vibration even though it's not quite leveled on the floor right now (shop
reorganization). And for those who are dying to know, yes a nickle will
stand on the table with the saw running. ;-)

Bob B.