Newshound

Sorry for the late post - I somehow missed this one.

Anyway, I have the same problem with my G0555. I had it over a year before
I noticed the problem. I bought the thing, put it together, and then didn't
use it for a year while I was doing a remodel of my basement and shop. When
I finally got the shop set up I put the G0555 on wheels, ordered the riser
kit and a Wood Slicer blade, tuned it up and started using it. I quickly
noticed the thrust bearing problem. In my case, I happened to adjust the
thrust bearing initially with the guide bar raised 8 or 9 inches off of the
table. When I lowered the bar closer to the table, the thrust bearing made
contact with the back of the blade. After I first noticed the problem I
carefully checked the movement of the thrust bearing from full raised
position down to the table surface and it is about 3/8" toward the blade. I
tried shimming the riser block but gave that idea up because it moved the
top wheel way out of line -the riser block surfaces were co-planer. I did
some measurements and in my case it is obvious that the guide bar hole is
not drilled perfectly vertical. I did contact Grizzly and they gave me a
couple things to check but to no avail. I never did call them back because
the thing was out of warranty, even though it was still brand new. My
soluion is to adjust the thrust bearing every time I raise or lower the
guide bar. It only take a few seconds, so I just deal with it. It's still
a nice saw IMO.

"joeD" wrote in message
My Grizzly G0555 came last week and after the initial setup everything
seemed pretty good, blade was square to the table, fence seemed to be

pretty
nice and the wheels were coplanar. Even after adding a riser. The blade

that
came with it sucked right off the bat so I didn't put much time into

setting
up the guides knowing I would be ordering new blades. Made some quick
adjustments and started playing around doing some test cuts but the blade
seemed to burn most anything I put near it. So I pretty much left it

alone.
It did seem to burn (cut) straight though.

Well today my Timberwolfs arrived. I put a 1/2" 3 tpi on and adjusted the
guides fairly low to the table then went to find a sacrificial piece of

wood
to try it out on. When I raised the guide I realized the thrust bearing

(is
that right?) was hitting the back of the blade. So went to readjust it and
had to bring it out almost a 1/4". Seems the guide post is not lined up
properly. Grizzly suggested shimming under the riser which worked, but

then
the wheels were not coplanar. The top wheel needed to come out almost

1/4".
This didn't seem like a problem since I never throw away a piece of

hardware
but putting 2 washers on the back of the wheel leaves me only enough

thread
for half the bolt.

I did take the riser off and the stock 6" guide was off about half so I
don't think the riser is the problem.

Grizzly offered to first send a new upper portion of the bandsaw and if

that
doesn't work they will replace the whole saw. But I want to make sure I am
not missing something or doing something wrong before I do this. Also I am
afraid what I get could be worse. Being new a total bandsaw noob I need to
know if these problems are normal or am I expecting to much? And mostly

what
would you do?

BTW the saw seems to cut nice, plenty of power. I cut some slices from a

six
inch piece of cherry and the thickness was pretty even according to my

dial
indicator.