Simon Avery

Default Removing storage heaters

"NC" wrote:

Hello NC

N| I had a play with one of these last night, undid the
N| mounting screws and found itcame away from the wall OK.
N| However, the feet are tucked under the carpet at the moment
N| so I couldn't try 'walking' it out. Assuming I can do this
N| OK, to a safe distance from the wal to allow painting, will
N| I be OK leaving them to stand by themselves, or will I need
N| to prop them up against something ??

They stand pretty well by themselves, the only reason they're supposed
to be fixed to the wall is so that little kids don't swing off them
and get flat - so ensure you don't let children/pets in the room while
it's loose.

N| will have to have them out of the room as I will be laying
N| laminate and putting them back on top. Now, from this comes
N| another question - will I be able to put these ontop of
N| laminate, or am I better cutting grooves for the feet and
N| resting them on the floor beneath ??

Can you not peel back the carpet enough to get a sheet of
hardboard/lino or whatever under the feet, then walk the thing away?

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/