ATP*

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
rvers.com...
ATP* wrote:
Will the newer 4 HP Series II heads bolt up to an older (1978) Series I?
If so, is there any loss of working height or does the bottom of the
spindle end up in almost the same place? Thanks.

I'm no expert, but VERY unlikely! I did a round-ram M-head to J-head
update, and while VERY worthwhile, it was no bolt-on swap. the bolt
circle was totally different. I suspect it would be the same on this.
There's both a height difference and a "throat" difference to be concerned
with. Also, you need to consider the WEIGHT of the head.

Jon

Thanks. I haven't seen the machines side by side in a while and didn't
realize there was a huge difference in size. I moved the headless Bridgeport
into my garage last night, avoiding tonight's snowstorm. Slid it off my
landscape trailer and rolled it into place. Not too bad of a move, really.
It's a 9 x 42 with 12" y travel, B'port power feed. Now it's time to get to
work on the chiwanese heads.