Bill Janssen

Gunner wrote:

On 24 Feb 2005 06:35:32 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

One way to do this on loopstick radios is to simply put a few turns
on the ferrite stick as a link. Or simply wrap a few turns of the
lead-in around the set.

The last time I did this..it changed the freq range of the radio..I
was picking up WWV at 5mhz when I was trying to get KABC at 790kc

Was this with a link around the loopstick inside the set, or
was it just a few turns around the outside?

Jim

A couple turns around the loopstick as I recall.

Gunner

A couple of turns around the radio would also work if the turns are
aligned so
that they also couple to the loopstick. The size of the turns are not
critical so make
a few turns and try it in different locations around the radio. The
neatest arrangement
is to put the turns around the loopstick.

Bill K7NOM