Larry Green

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:28:32 -0500, the inscrutable Larry Green
spake:

100 honest, real, continuous, watts of sound are outrageously loud and
are apt to damage anyone's hearing.

I agree with this statement entirely! I used to work in a recording
studio and 'looked after' my hearing as it was a vital part of my job.
The number of times 'bands' would ask for the volume to be 'cranked up'
during mixing got beyond a joke. They didn't appreciate that your ears
very rapidly get tired when exposed to loud music and your critical
judgement gets shot to hell! Several hours of listening to the same
track over and over is wearing enough at the best of times without
having the volume 'pinning you to the wall'!

That reminds me of one of the last scenes in "The Italian Job" movie.
One of the thieves who wound up with the gold bought his favorite
speakers, known to be "loud enough to blow the clothes right off a
woman". That scene showed it.

LOL....I guess that must be in the recent re-make of the movie as I
certainly don't remember it from the original 60's version.

--
Larry Green