chris French

In message , Old Bill
writes
Fred wrote:
I need to fit a shaver socket in my bathroom. I have got one which is the
appropriate type with an isolating transformer etc.
I thought they were generally wired into the lighting circuit.
However there is a fused outlet near the ceiling and was considering
using
this.
Should I wire it into the lighting circuit or into the fused outlet?

Lighting circuit would be my preference.
The fused outlet might have been for heater thats been removed.

Why does that matter (assumeing OP doesn't want another heater in the
bathroom)?

I assume the thing about using the lighting circuit is that the socket
circuits may not be so accessible from bathroom, whereas the lighting
circuit is, and the load of these things is low enough to be on the
lighting circuit.

Can't see a problem connecting up to the FCU, suitably fused of course.
--
Chris French, Leeds