On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:37:53 -0000, "Fred" wrote:

I need to fit a shaver socket in my bathroom. I have got one which is the
appropriate type with an isolating transformer etc.

I thought they were generally wired into the lighting circuit.

However there is a fused outlet near the ceiling and was considering using
this.

Should I wire it into the lighting circuit or into the fused outlet?

Whilst we are on the subject, historically why do the majority of
shavers come with a two pin plug that needs an adaptor?

We use a 3 pin to 2 pin adaptor for UK electrical items when we travel
to mainland Europe.