The Natural Philosopher

Pete Cross wrote:
I agree the way they sell 'em is pants, but having used one for 4yrs I can
say they're a bloody good vac.. Buy a new Dyson now for £300, will it still
be in use in 4yrs time ? I doubt it. I've bought vacs for our home since
1986 approx one every two years upto getting this one.

You must be the ideal customer.

Lemme see. Used my mums old constelattion from 1973 to about 1980, then
gave it back and spent time in S Afriuca, where of course you use a
black-o-matic as they used to be called. But anyway, not liking to rely
on those, I bought a resuable bagged sanyon in 1981, brought it back to
te UK, re motored it in 1992 or so, and threw itr awy finally about 1999
when all its plastic bits had got lostr abnd broken. Got another 50 quid
panasonic re-usable bag and still have that.

So in my total life away from home post college, I have hasd use of
precilesy three machines in 30 years or so, one of which was probably
still going strong (the constellation) but I skipped it when we cleared
he house out last year.

At LEAST ten years for 50 quid of cheapo re-usable bag, and no spares or
bags ever needed and with a re-motor, maybe 20 years. I knew I should
have washed the motor filter at least ONCE in ten years...