You have bad diodes in same circuit and probably a pincushion output
transistor bad as well.

0.55uf 250V capacitor, both that and c4406 are critical safety
components and unless you know 100% that you have the correct
specification for frequency, tolerance, temp drift, etc, you should
order exact replacements from any Thomson parts distributor.

David

wrote:
I have a RCA chassis ctc179 with a bad S Cap C4407p. It is a blue
rectangular box with the following markings on the top:
M.55J250 (a trademark symbol) 9521. Can someone tell me what this is
and what a suitable replacement would be? By the way, the symptoms

of
the TV are that when you plug it in, a 200V 2.2 uF cap (C4406)

explodes
and you get a single bright white vertical line down the center of

the
screen. There is audio.