GregP

On 17 Feb 2005 19:15:08 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Are we
really better off today than before Bush took office?

I'd say yes. And vastly better than if Gore had been in on 9/11/01.

I completely agree. I bet that if Gore was president, we'd
have seen an administration that ignored terrorist threats;
the destruction of two of our largest buildings and damage
to the Pentagon; an undermanned invasion of a country that
had nothing to do with the destruction; a free pass for Saudi
Arabia, which did; destruction of our fundamental human rights
principles; massive deficits and a complete refusal to address
them; a proposal to increase them by another two trillion or so
with another boondoggle gov't program; a gov't boondoggle
pharmaceutical company support program passed off as a
seniors drug program; lies to congress and the American
public about the costs of the program; giveaways of our natural
resources; destruction of our relationships with other countries;
transfer of federal expenses onto states; a cynical "tax reduction"
shell game in which rates were lowered with the knowledge
that taxes would actually go up via the minimum tax option; and
the evolution of an administration propaganda machine, funded
by the American taxpayer. Heck, if Gore were president, we
would be in a lot of trouble now.