PoP

Default drilling wall tiles

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:10:08 +0100, "David Moodie"
wrote:

At least the sink is now secured to the wall, and I'll have a wee break at
the weekend before tackling the rest of the holes.

I went to fit some new taps in a bathroom a few days ago. Sink was
secured to the wall, two screws holding it firm at the lower edge at
the back (where they invariably are).

I discovered that the sink wasn't actually sitting on the pedestal,
but was floating a couple of mm above. Which suggests to me that this
sink was being held in place by the sealant - the screws wouldn't hold
it there I'm sure.

Perhaps I'm just over cautious about these things but I thought the
general idea of the pedestal was to take some of the weight of the
sink. I wouldn't feel comfortable fitting a sink like this where the
sink is pulling on the sealant with virtually all its weight, and the
sealant is pulling on the ceramic tiles. The ceramic tiles are pulling
on the adhesive, and the adhesive .....

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....