Dave Hinz

On 24 Feb 2005 19:43:27 GMT, Ignoramus30876 wrote:
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:40:07 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote:
yourname wrote:
unless you're a real audiophile, you won't know the difference.

A typical answer from a monster cable advocate

Heh...I've saved a ton of money over the decades by not being able to
hear that alleged last 5% of sound quality improvement that makes
something 10 times more expensive.

Even if you are, you won't know the difference. Time domain
reflectometry comparison between Monster Cable and #14 zip cord showed
no difference in signal quality in a band from 0 to 100MHz.

Don't you know that expensive cables improve "believability" of sound?

As soon as you can put "believability" into engineering terms I can
measure, I'll be happy to measure it. I used to work with a guy who
was an freak amongst audiophiles - granite turntable, magnapan speakers,
tube amps, cables the size of your arm, and all that. Yeah, sure, it
sounded good, but...the Bose system for a few hundred bucks sounds
pretty damn good too, y'know?