Dave Hinz

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:40:07 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote:
yourname wrote:
unless you're a real audiophile, you won't know the difference.

Even if you are, you won't know the difference. Time domain
reflectometry comparison between Monster Cable and #14 zip cord showed
no difference in signal quality in a band from 0 to 100MHz.

I don't know about _your_ ears, but mine don't go quite that high...
The point about solid wire looking like power wiring is valid, though.
As low voltage cable, it'd have to be in different junction boxes and so
on. Something to consider - if you run that blue flexible conduit ('Smurf
tubing' I've heard it called), then you can always pull new cables in as
technology and your needs change. That's the one thing I didn't do when
I built my house, that I regret not doing.

Dave Hinz