igor

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:27:30 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

A.M. Wood wrote:
Too funny. Check it out

"THIS WAS MY EX-HUSBAND'S. HE INSISTED ON BUYING IT BUT HARDLY EVER
USED IT. HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE CUT OFF HIS HAND ANYWAYS. I PLUGGED IT
IN AND IT SEEMS TO WORK GREAT. "

Funny, but sounds like BS.

The seller is charging $19 to ship 20 comic books, and will not combine
shipping, but has zero feedback. Most newbies don't know what combined
shipping is.

The shipping for the TS is $20 PLUS actual shipping.

Those auctions smell.

Barry

On the whole, I agree. If you look at the "sport" cards, there must be
over 150K of them. She knows enough to say that they are from the 1950s to
the present but she suggests that they have been packaged already,
randomly. Won't even say what "sport" they are -- the few images show
baseball, but the rest could be Lithuanian football. (No offense to any
Lithuanians - I just wonder about the US market value of those cards.)

Now, there is a very old story about a jilted woman who sells her
ex-husband's stuff on the cheap because he said, "Sell my stuff and send me
the proceeds". If that were the case here, selling at bargain basement
prices would make lots of sense. But here, the woman claims she will use
the proceeds for a trip, so she would want high sales prices. IMO, the
only thing suggesting that this is legit is that she starts the auction
prices very low. Also, I checked with a woman who "understands" this
situation and she thinks it sounds legit -- "Just get the stuff out of
here." -- Igor