Ned

On 17 Feb 2005 19:15:08 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Are we really better off today than before Bush took office?

I'd say yes. And vastly better than if Gore had been in on
9/11/01.

U.S. dollar falling hard and fast

London, England, Feb. 22 (UPI) -- South Korea's decision to
ell most of its U.S. government bonds triggered similar moves
in East Asia and hammered the U.S. currency's value.

South Korea's action was mimicked by at least Taiwan,
another economy that holds a huge amount of U.S.
government debt, sending the dollar to new lows, CNN
reported Tuesday.

In London, the euro soared against the dollar to $1.3216,
up from $1.3065 late Monday, as the dollar sank against
Japan's yen 103.87 from 105.57.

The benchmark 10-year note lost 2/32 of a point to
97-26/32 to yield 4.27 percent, up from 4.26 late Friday.

Numerous economists have been warning the U.S. balance
of payments deficit and budget deficit, both at record levels,
are exposing the dollar to extreme downward pressure.

Source: Washington Times, USA.

Please read the full report:-
http://www.theinsider.org/mailing/article.asp?id=0968