Bruce L. Bergman

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:09:07 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

I had the same question, and posted to a lot of these radio ngs as to why.
Forgot the details, but there are very specific diffs between the tuning
circuitry in car radios and that of your home stereo. Why home
stereos/radios don't incorporate these is beyond me.

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I think I'm gonna have a lot of 12V
car batteries lyin around the house soon....

Just one, deep cycle, with a well-filtered float charger from an
alarm system.

And a typical car vertical stick antenna needs a big ground plane to
work against. Sheet metal center piece for mounting the antenna, with
hardware cloth soldered to it for the 'big' part.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545