Andy Wade

Default Is it OK to put standard "twin & earth" cable directly into the cavity of a dwarf wall?

Jon Weaver wrote in message
om...

I am SERIOUSLY confused now [...]
Has all of this started because I mentioned 'insulation'..

YES. If there's no thermal insultion, or if there is and the cable touches
the wall on one side there's no problem at all.

If it is, thats simple.. I won't use insulation, or I will bring the
cable ABOVE the insulation.

OK.

The ring mains in my house are wired in 2.5mm and protected by a 32A
MCB! Does this mean that they not up to the job and are consiquently
dangerous?

No, they sound perfectly normal.

If what I have done in my conservatory really isn't up to the job,
then I will simply resort to plan B which was to go for a 'radial
circuit' protected by a 13A spur.

With regards to the 'heater' outlet, I am not 'hard-wiring' in.. I
am buying a DeLonghi oil filled radiator (2.5kW or 3kW) which AFAIK
comes fitted with a standard 13amp plug, which can be plugged into
any socket.

Can someone please explain, as I am a really confused now.

The point there was that you were proposing to put in a fused spur, knowing
that you would connect a 3kW heater, so that the use of any other appliance
would overload the circuit. Hence our suggestion to split it into two spurs
with the heater socket on its own. But if you revert to Plan A (minus
thermal insulation) then this is no longer relevant.

--
Andy