Dan Lanciani

Default FS Six 20A outlet shop electrical panel, each outlet protected

In article , lid (Ignoramus21810) writes:

| Now, a killer question. How come the breakers on the panel do not
| qualify as overcurrent protection devices under NEC. They are, after
| all, designed to interrupt the line if the current exceeds the rated
| amount. The whole issue of just how much current can be supplied to
| the panel, is depending on the answer to this question.

Reminds me of another old question: can an electric range listed for
direct connection to a 60A branch circuit have 15A utility outlets
protected by small panel-mounted pop-up circuit breakers? At one time
the answer appears to have been yes since I had such a thing.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com