Appliance Repair Aid

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
We have a GE over-the-range microwave, Model JVM1650WB 003, that was

in
the house already when we moved in over a year ago, so I don't know

how
old it is. All has been fine until the last week or two, when it will

sometimes make grinding noises and the turntable will stop turning.
Turning off the turntable option stops the noise, of course.

Is there a simple DIY solution to this problem? -- Other than not

using
the turntable.

Perce

Hi,

Model JVM1650WB 003, that was in
the house already when we moved in over a year ago, so I don't know

how
old it is.

The serial # is required to check the manufacturing date...
http://www.applianceaid.com/appliance_age.html

All has been fine until the last week or two, when it will
sometimes make grinding noises and the turntable will stop turning.

Remove the glass tray and clean the wheels on the ring...might
help...but most times this is a bad turn table motor.

Is there a simple DIY solution to this problem? -- Other than not

using
the turntable.

Replace the drive motor...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=769741
Drive motor, glass cooking tray.

Fairly easy to change, remove power, remove the bottom panals screws to
access the motor.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/