View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default Vaillant combi boiler - pilot light keeps going out

Hi,

I've got a Vaillant VCW combi boiler. The pilot light on this has started to put itself out several times a day - what seems to happen is the gas coming on when the boiler fires up (e.g. when you turn on a hot tap or the heating) occasionally puts out the pilot. I have insurance cover whereby if the heating/hot water breaks my insurance company will send someone to repair it; however, when I spoke to them on the phone they said they'd only do this if I first wait until the pilot light *always* goes out when the boiler fires up. I therefore thought I'd check if it's likely to be anything obvious/easily sorted.

Have checked that the temperature the boiler's set to is appropriate for the (lousy) weather, and the only thing that looks slightly amiss is that the pressure is down to just over 0.5 bar - this is above the 0.5 bar recommended minimum, but only *just*...is it worth trying to raise the pressure and seeing if this helps matters? And can this be done by just turning a valve marked 'filling valve' to 'open', or is it more complicated than that?

Cheers,

Jon

Last edited by diaj : February 24th 05 at 03:08 PM