Jerry G.

If you are going to do that, be prepared for a high operating cost in
relation to the actual work you will get. Even though there are a lot of
fanatics for tube equipment, this is also dying off. We looked very
carefully in to that, and found that it may not pay so well.

The best type of service to get in to is for industrial types of clients.
Support and sales of industrial instrumentation for laboratory applications
is the most viable today. Each sale is expensive, and a small mark-up on
these items will generate a descent income. After the sales, there is the
support part, which you can charge for the services. You will need however,
a source of financing from your bank to put out the big dollars in advance
before you get paid. Most of the corporations will pay only after 30 or 60
days, depending on their policy.

--

Jerry G.
======

"NSM" wrote in message news:SL5Td.349$TB.12@edtnps84...

"Paul Hirose" wrote in message

Spindler says there used to be four other shops like his in the area.
They're gone.

I sometimes idly think of starting up a shop repairing tube audio equipment
only. Those owners are probably ready to pay for the service.