Gunner

On 23 Feb 2005 17:54:29 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

I agree with the long wire antenna, but how many AM radios *have* an
antenna screw these days? If the OP's doesn't have one he may still have
to use inductive coupling to get the rf into his radio. Unless of course
he has the knowledge, skills and tools to open up his set and make an
appropriate (and safe) antenna connection.

One way to do this on loopstick radios is to simply put a few turns
on the ferrite stick as a link. Or simply wrap a few turns of the
lead-in around the set.

The last time I did this..it changed the freq range of the radio..I
was picking up WWV at 5mhz when I was trying to get KABC at 790kc

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"