Duane Bozarth wrote:

McDonalds for example produce excellent french fries, better than
anything you can make, and better than anything the top-rated
restaurants can produce. ...

Well, what you've described is how McDonald's controls consistency.

Not quite. You could have consistently soggy, oily fries as you get in
most restaurants, fast food and otherwise, or you can select, process
and cook the potatoes correctly to produce the desired superlative
product.

Whether they're "unparalleled" is a matter of personal taste. You
apparently like their model--while I recognize I can usually get the
same thing at any Mickey-D's, I don't find them nearly as appetizing as
a "home-grown" version. But my taste apparently doesn't match yours.

I quoted indirectly an acknowledged expert in food taste. I presume
you'd say an evaluation by Robert Parker of a wine at 99 was simply
"his taste" and by implication no different than yours.