Luigi Zanasi

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:22:29 -0700, Bruce wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:04:37 -0700, s wrote (in article
):

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:44:01 +0000, "Luigi Zanasi"
wrote:
I do everything suggested:
1. Multiple passes, with the first passes taking out only a small
quantity of wood
2. Slow feed with the first few passes (depending on how much wood
needs to be removed), but not on the final ones as too slow a feed may
result in burning.
3. Climb cutting for the first one or two passes. But I end my climb
cut before it reaches the other end as I have experienced tearout if I
do the whole thing.
4. I use a square backer board along the fence.

And I still occasionally get tearout.

try a spiral cutter.

I agree with bridger on the spiral cutter if you're cutting a rebate, but
I was thinking mainly of doing profiles on endgrain (e.g. an ogee thinks
weegie). Unless bridger has a source for spiral cut profile bits?

I think #4 should be #1. Also if you have cuts to make along the grain
direction, do those last so any tearout will be removed..

Agreed.

Bridger, timely info with your router doohicky! Usually I try to use a
flush trim bit but my project was a bit too strange (round) and your
trick was ideal...

What's bridger's router doohicky?

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email