Dave Miller

Very nice score! Believe me, you can grill in the snow, if you want to.
SWMBO will stare at you kinda funny the first time you do it
(DAMHIKT), at least until the soup's on. NOthing like a taste of
summer, esp. in the wintertime. Bigger risk for you is once she knows
you can do grill in bad weather, "let's order pizza" could become "why
don't you just fire up the grill tonight, you can use my umbrella."

Enjoy the grill!

Silvan wrote:
The only thing it has to do with woodworking is burning wood to make food
taste good, but I have to share this one anyway.

I was at Wally-World looking at garden stuff with SWMBO. I was standing in
front of a stack of grills, not looking at them, when the garden department
manager called out to me "Hey, I just marked those down to $30!"

I started looking, thinking. Maybe... I have a grill, it has been
faithful, and I have put a dozen whole cows through that thing over the
years I've owned it. It's ugly, but it has done the job for what must be a
decade now.

I was scratching my beard, still pondering on it. The grill in question was
nicer than mine, and $30 was a good deal. I was about to grab it, but
hadn't yet made a move in that direction, when she came back and said "OK,
here, I have to get rid of these things. See that over there? That's the
last one, and I can let you have that one for $30 too if you'll just save
me from having to find some place to put it.

It was originally $98, marked down to $50, and I got it for $30. It's HUGE.
It weighs close to a hundred pounds. It has all kinds of glinkleflutzits
and blinfths the likes of which I've never seen on a charcoal grill. It's
not quite big enough to roast a whole hog, but it's good for anything short
of that.

Damn shame it's supposed to snow tonight. Damn shame. I can't wait to fire
this thing up, slap some meat on it, crack open a cold one... Ahhhhhh.

Now all I need is for the corn on the cob to come in. I guess I'll be
waiting awhile on that score, unless I cheat and buy some at the store.