Hi Adrian,

I dont know who would supply them in the UK - they're not a difficult
item to obtain here and i expect the same would apply over there.

Get a copy of a magazine called "Television" - it's a UK publication
with plenty of parts suppliers advertisements.

Cheers,
Sam T

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:56:52 +0000, Adrian Brentnall
adrianthepapersand the wrote:

Hi All
My old (1980's) Marantz SD230 cassette deck 'died',,,,, suddenly !.
Symptoms - lights on - but no reponse to the 'play' button.

A quick check of the voltages shows that 'something' appears to be
pulling more current than it should, puling the main DC rail down from
19V to about 6V.

Disconnecting the multi-way connector that drives connects to the
drive motor and the play / record / pause switches restores the DC
rail to nominal.

12V dc applied direct to the motor results in a current of about 400mA
- but no rotation. Is it a fair assumption that the motor's at fault ?

If so - anybody know where I could find a replacement - motor is
marked MMI-6A2LK - or is it one of those things that won't be
economical to source / repair ?

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply