Stephen Sank

If the player gives up instantly, as if there was no disc in the tray, it's simply a faulty
optosensor(under right front of tray). If it spins up the disc & then gives up(which would
normally cause the player to auto eject), it may be that the laser output is just on the
borderline between ok & not ok. For this, you need a laser power meter, and it should output
0.24mW. You need to block the optosensor(just a piece of masking or electrical tape over the
hole at right front of tray), then power up the player to get the laser to run with no disc.
The trimpot on the laser itself is the power adjust.

--
Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer
Talking Dog Transducer Company
"salim sm" wrote in message
om...
Hello there,

Since you seem to know a lot about Nakamichi stuff, maybe you can help
me a bit on my OMS 7ii issue ? =)

Most of the times player simply doesn't want to read 'TOC' ... but
once it acknowledge one CD, it will play fine, even continuously with
repeat. Track to track search is quite fast, implying laser is still
doing a good job. Eject the disc and put it back on, cdp refused to
play again. Just like a heavy case of alzheimer.

I'd really appreciate if you can help me pinpoint the source of
problem.

Thank you very much for your time !

Best regards,
Salim SM

"Stephen Sank" wrote in message ...
The 120V version of the 730 has a primary power switch on the back, but the 120/240V

version
does not. Not sure about the 220V version. The main power switch is the touch-sensor

button
on the front, which is powered by a small transformer/supply that's always on(unless the

rear
switch is off, on the 120v version at least). For this reason, it is not possible to bring

it
up on a variac, but I would not even consider that necessary. Other than occassional minor
issues with the low voltage power supply(+/-15V for preamp & tuner), their pretty damned
reliable. Just be prepared to replaced dozens of tiny lamps(14v/40mA) in the front panel,
which are a bit challenging to get to.
The 730 is one of my favorite receivers in the world.