Silvan

Default OT grill gloat

The only thing it has to do with woodworking is burning wood to make food
taste good, but I have to share this one anyway.

I was at Wally-World looking at garden stuff with SWMBO. I was standing in
front of a stack of grills, not looking at them, when the garden department
manager called out to me "Hey, I just marked those down to $30!"

I started looking, thinking. Maybe... I have a grill, it has been
faithful, and I have put a dozen whole cows through that thing over the
years I've owned it. It's ugly, but it has done the job for what must be a
decade now.

I was scratching my beard, still pondering on it. The grill in question was
nicer than mine, and $30 was a good deal. I was about to grab it, but
hadn't yet made a move in that direction, when she came back and said "OK,
here, I have to get rid of these things. See that over there? That's the
last one, and I can let you have that one for $30 too if you'll just save
me from having to find some place to put it.

It was originally $98, marked down to $50, and I got it for $30. It's HUGE.
It weighs close to a hundred pounds. It has all kinds of glinkleflutzits
and blinfths the likes of which I've never seen on a charcoal grill. It's
not quite big enough to roast a whole hog, but it's good for anything short
of that.

Damn shame it's supposed to snow tonight. Damn shame. I can't wait to fire
this thing up, slap some meat on it, crack open a cold one... Ahhhhhh.

Now all I need is for the corn on the cob to come in. I guess I'll be
waiting awhile on that score, unless I cheat and buy some at the store.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/