Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip-----

I've never turned 416 but supposedly it machines pretty easily, as

stainless
goes. It sounds like the right material for your application.

--
Ed Huntress

It's a wonderful experience, especially if your idea of stainless revolves
around 304, 316 or 440C. You get the idea. You might compare it as if
it's the leadloy of stainless. It's reputed to machine better than 303

S,
and I'm inclined to agree, although I'm not sure if it's better than 303

Se,
which I like to machine.

I have bad memories of machining 304 and 316 back when I worked in a shop,
and I've only tried 303 once, giving me little basis for comparison. So I've
since found a long list of reasons not to use stainless for my hobby
projects.

However, I want to try some 416, since several here and on AMC have said how
nice it is to machine.

--
Ed Huntress