Appliance Repair Aid

chemqueries wrote:
Ed wrote:
You have 2 hoses connected to the back of the machine, they are

connected to
the fill valve.
Turn off the water for these 2 hoses. Unplug the machine. Replace

the
valve.
What brand is it?
If water comes into the machine while it's turned off or unplugged

then you
need the water valve.

Hi. Thanks for your help. I should have been more specific.

Apparently,
before I moved in, the hot and cold water knobs controlling the two
hoses at the back of the machine had been left on or open. The

previous
residents turned the water off by pushing the
pull-to-start/push-to-stop knob on the machine itself rather than
turning the hot and cold faucets off. When I tried to use the

machine,
I turned the machine on by pulling up on that knob. I assumed that

the
machine would fill to a certain point, and would then stop filling

when
it was ready to go to the next phase of the cycle, but it just kept
filling. I turned the hot and cold knobs to the hoses off and the
machine stopped filling. The brand is Kelvinator.

Hi,

Something that may help to split up the possible trouble makers...
http://www.applianceaid.com/washer_overfilling.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/