David M

Vera wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:42:17 -0000, "Lawrence Milbourn"
wrote:

Yesterday my wife took out the soap dispenser drawer in our Hotpoint washing
machine and was horrified to see black mould-like yuck growing down from the
water inlets. It's been scrubbed but there are still signs of it.

1) Is it mould?
2) What's the best way of getting rid of it?
3) How do I stop it from coming back?

I always get that if I leave the soap dispenser for more than a week
or two without cleaning it. I assumed they all did it.

Hot water, fairy liquid, a scrubbing brush and a toothbrush
(preferably one kept only for cleaning...) is what I use. Regularly.

the toothbrush reference reminds me of a story from one of my wifes
friends... her teenage son was meticulous about cleaning his braces every
night, and apparently after arriving home after a night out decided to clean
them at the kitchen sink with the toothbrush that was sitting there..
unfortunately this was the one his mother saved for all the wee cleaning
jobs, (a few of them being in the bathroom as well apparently)... She just
didn't have the heart to tell him about this after she found out he had used it.

cheers

David