Well, it has been awhile, I have been ill.

I finally got this unit to work like it should last Thursday.

First off, Q691 was leaky. That was not the problem, may have been caused by
the original problem, I'm not sure.
I think I did replace both 2581's before I found it had a -60 volt problem.
It could be the other drivers caused this part of the circuit to fail.

I was really tired of taking this thing apart over and over again. So I
replaced the (Q691 Did this first then) Q692, 30v Zener Diode, op amp, and
the other diode that's off the emitter leg of Q692. I don't have the diagram
in front of me.

Now, the Q691 has .6 volts between E-B. It was 0v before. Now those pesky
resistors are not sucking down the voltage.
The 30v ZD shows -29v across it. May be where the -30 volts was going. The
voltage drop across this zener was 0v before replacing the other stuff.

After changing these few components, I really think the 30v Zener may have
been breaking down. But still, it could have been Q692 or the op amp.

I'm accustomed to seeing the zener between ground and some voltage source.
Seeing the zener in this circuit makes my brain hurt.

I would still like to know which of these item(s) was causing the problem.

What would your educated guess be?

Again, THANK YOU very much for your time and help!

Jimmy