Hax Planks

Default What do quality factory furniture makers use for a finish these days?

Nitrocellulose lacquer must be out of favor in most localities by now.
I'm pretty sure you can't use it in a factory setting in CA these days,
probably in some other places too. Would I be correct to assume most of
them use a spray on polyurethane product? This is the case with high
quality guitars, where most of my woodworking and finishing experience
comes from. Nitro is the traditional finish for quality guitars, but in
recent years poly has pretty much become the standard out of necessity,
much to the chagrin of purists. Anyone know what the better furniture
makers use and how it rates? Can anyone buy good furniture anymore, or
does everything come from Ikea and Oak Express these days?