The Natural Philosopher

Rick wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:

In article .com,
"Rick"

snip

Why not leave the modem where it is and fit a long ethernet cable
instead?

Hi,
That crossed my mind but firstly, I don't want to have the cable modem
under my bed and secondly as the cable will be run outside for some
part, I'm not too sure whether Cat5e is meant for outside use. On the
other hand I do do agree that a long ethernet cable sounds to be less
hassle. On the plus side if things change I still have a usable
ethernet cable whereas for the long coax, I'm not sure what else to do
with it. Does anyone know if ethernet cables can be run outside?

Sure. The PVC covering degrades in tome, but they should do 5-10 years,
or put em in trunking.

Thanks.
Regards
Rick