Holly, in France

Christian McArdle wrote in message
et...
Are there any industrial strenght finishes I can put on the boards?.

Someone
mentioned yacht varnish to me...

If you want a hard wearing surface and don't mind varnish,
use a "diamond" hard floor varnish. Dulux and Ronseal do
versions. They are really very expensive, but do work.

Seconded.

You'll need to remove the existing finish first.
Don't even think about using anything other than "clear".
Coloured varnish looks awful.

You can get a good colour by mixing coloured versions with clear. The
antique pine (which someone said is no longer available?) was a dreadful
orange used neat but good if used well 'diluted'. I tried the same thing
with 'oak' colour once though, and that really was awful, sort of
greenish, you have to experiment. IMO it is an easier way to get an even
colour than staining.

--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,