Edwin Pawlowski

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
Heat speeds up the reaction between Copper and the Lime in the concrete.
Your hot water pipe will suffer the same fate. PEX may have other
problems, but I am not an expert and I believe we need another 20 years or
so to see how current installations work out. Back in 1970 everybody
thought copper pipe in a concrete slab was fine, but we not know it was
not.

One reason I suggested PEX is the ability to run it easily through a house.
For the most part, it can be pulled the same way you pull wires, thus
eliminating the need to go into a slab or open wall to put in a length of
rigid tubing. Since we know copper in this case is good for about 12 years,
I'd sure try some other material that was simple to install and even replace
if needed.