Tekkie

ESM posted for all of us....

I spoke to 2 local Trane dealers and the prices are similar. Here is a
breakdown from 1

Trane XR Series 12 Seer Heat pump system, 3 ton
Trane single speed air handler
New Top and insulation for air handler platform
New Line set
New digital thermostat
1 year labor warranty

$3398 installed. This is a "winter special", normally this would be $400
ish more.

For another $250 I can get a variable speed air handler, bumping the system
to 13 seer

For $298 they will install a Honeywell F200 air cleaner

Are these prices fair in general? I'm in FL. I have a few more dealers to
call.

Now, on top of the $3398, I need some electrical work the guy told me and it
looks like it equates to around $500. A fence was put between the breaker
that feeds the air compressor and he told me code requires you to visibly
see the power cutoff without obstruction, so I need a switch box wall
mounted next to the ocmpressor.

He also says since i have gas heat currently my system runs 110V and I need
to be upgraded to 220V.

Lastly, I got a quote for a full reduct, which was about $1600. This
includes 100% removal of existing ductwork and replacement with R6 level
hats, new aluminum based flexiduct. THe ductwork roughly roughly be 2 12"
runs from the air handler to 2 junction areas, one on each side of the
house. THen there would be 7-9" runs off those boxes to the rooms. One box
will have 4 runs, the other box 5. I know ductwork pricing is the hardest
to judge, but does $1600 sound adequate?

Maybe, hard to see from my monitor. Fly me down and I'll look around and
pop a price.
--
Tekkie