Hank

Matt wrote:

12 years old?

Give or take a few.

I think you are being scammed. What evidence supports
the plumbers claim?

He's replaced all the copper pipes in about 100 houses
in her area. There seems to a problem with the acidity of
the water, the quality of the pipes, or both. I typed
pinhole leak copper pipe into google and learned for the
first time that this is a widespread problem. It's serious
enough that a company is now in business (DuraFlo) coating
the inside of pipes with epoxy. They guarantee their work,
but I'm skeptical. They blow an abrasive through the pipes,
but it doesn't seem like that would get them clean enough
for a good bond with the epoxy. It's much less disruptive
and cheaper than re-plumbing, though.
The other option is jack hammering up her floor, since the
house is on a slab and the pipes are buried. I wondered if
the pipes could be run exposed on the outside of the walls
until they get to their respective fixtures. The pipes would
then be covered with some sort of trim.
Henry

--

http://www.commondreams.org/