The Real Tom

On 22 Feb 2005 08:44:26 -0800, "Zack" wrote:

I just recently bought a house that was made in the 1950's. I would
like to add a hot tub to the house (220V). Protection to the house's
electrical system is provided by a fuse box - which is full. My
question is, how do I add a sub panel to the fuse box assuming that the
electrical system can handle the load? I am assuming that I branch the
wire directly off (in parallel) of where it comes into the fuse box.

imho:

Do not assume, and do not add any branches or new subpanels till you
have a service calc done. What is your service panel even rated for?

later,

tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com